What lies on the coronary heart of the Linux working system? The Linux kernel. Each Linux skilled—together with these in system administration, operations, and software program improvement—must be acquainted with the performance of the Linux kernel in addition to the mechanics of configuring and troubleshooting it. Grasp the basics on this coaching course with Dr. Kevin Dankwardt.
We survey the Linux kernel specification, boot course of, and loadable kernel modules. You’ll follow methods comparable to downloading and looking Linux kernel supply code and configuring a Linux kernel from scratch. Problem and resolution movies on the finish of just about each chapter assist you to check your new Linux expertise alongside the way in which.
- What’s the Linux kernel?
- Studying Linux kernel messages
- Studying and writing information from the proc and sysfs filesystems
- Configuring GRUB
- Utilizing kernel command-line parameters
- Configuring run ranges
- Working with loadable kernel modules (LKMs)
- Looking the kernel supply code
- Constructing and putting in a Linux kernel